Are facial wrinkles, creases, lines and sagging skin making you feel self-conscious about your appearance? If you want to turn back time and reclaim your youthful beauty, a facelift performed by experienced facial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Yash Avashia could be the ideal solution.
If you would like to learn if a facelift is right for you, please contact Dr. Avashia today online or at 469-249-9615 to schedule your confidential consultation. We proudly help men and women from throughout Texas, including Dallas, Fort Worth, and nearby areas.
What is a Facelift?
Also known as a rhytidectomy, a facelift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that provides a wide range of facial rejuvenation benefits through the middle and lower areas of the face, as well as the neck. The procedure is performed to tighten loose, sagging skin, and eliminate facial creases, folds, and wrinkles.
It’s important to note that a facelift won’t address the signs of aging around the forehead or eyes. If these are your primary areas of concern, an eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) or brow lift may be more appropriate.
Many patients choose to combine a facelift with other surgical and non-surgical services to achieve optimal facial rejuvenation. During your initial consultation with Dr. Avashia, he will discuss your goals, evaluate your facial structure, and recommend the procedure or combination of procedures that best match your needs and desired outcome. Together, you will design a customized treatment plan tailored specifically for you.
What Are the Benefits of a Facelift?
Facelifts remain among the most popular and effective cosmetic procedures available to combat the signs of facial aging. When performed by experienced facial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Yash Avashia, a facelift can offer a number of comprehensive and long-lasting benefits, such as:
- Improved contours: Strong facial contours are the hallmarks of facial beauty. A facelift can define the area around the mid-face and create a more pronounced jawline.
- More youthful appearance: A facelift can take years off your appearance by eliminating wrinkles, lines, folds, and sagging skin. The procedure will leave your face radiant, smooth, and firm.
- Increased confidence: One of the biggest benefits of a facelift, and one of the main reasons so many men and women choose to undergo the procedure, is the boost to self-confidence it provides.
Who Is a Candidate for a Facelift?
Ideal candidates for facelift surgery are in generally good health, don’t smoke, and are interested in correcting signs of facial aging, such as:
- Marionette lines (lines extending from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Nasolabial folds (lines extending from the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- Deep facial creases
- Deep facial folds around the mouth
- Fallen facial fat and tissue
- Hollows under the eyes
- Sagging in the mid-face region
- Sagging facial skin and muscles
- Double chin
- Banding in the neck region
The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for a facelift is to meet personally with Dr. Avashia in a confidential consultation at our office. During this one-on-one meeting, Dr. Avashia will discuss your concerns and evaluate your facial features. He will review your medical history and determine your candidacy for a facelift.
What to Expect During the Procedure
Your facelift procedure will be fully customized to address the specific signs of aging you would like to correct. Dr. Avashia will thoroughly assess your facial attributes in order to create results that enhance your natural features, helping you look like a younger, refreshed version of yourself.
Facelifts are performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. During the procedure:
- An incision is made by the temple at the hairline, extending behind the ear to the lower scalp
- Excess skin is removed
- Deep tissue layers and supporting muscles are tightened
- Remaining skin is tightened
- Sutures are used to close the incision
What is Recovery After a Facelift?
Every patient and procedure is somewhat different, but typically, most patients need about a week to recover from facelift surgery. Total healing usually takes a full month. Certain side effects such as redness, bruising, skin numbness, and tenderness may occur, but these symptoms quickly subside. Although a facelift is permanent, your face will continue to naturally age, and results usually last for about 10 years.
Schedule Your Facelift Consultation Today
The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for facelift surgery is to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Avashia. To schedule your initial consult, call 469-249-9615 today. We welcome patients from Dallas, Fort Worth, and nearby Texas areas.