Facelifts are among the most popular cosmetic procedures in the U.S. today, with over 234,374 performed in 2020 alone. However, many people don’t realize there are less invasive alternatives, and depending on your goals, you may be a better candidate for a non-surgical facelift.
Today, let’s look at what this innovative procedure entails, so you can decide whether it’s a good fit for your lifestyle and aesthetic purposes.
What Is a Non-Surgical Facelift?
A non-surgical facelift can help you look younger, healthier, and more attractive without the extensive downtime associated with surgery.
While many plastic surgeons offer an option called a “liquid facelift” that uses a combination of injectable products, Dr. Yash has refined his approach to improve on these more temporary treatments.
His technique includes:
- Neck or chin liposuction to remove excess fat
- Micro-liposuction of jowl fat to sculpt the jawline
- Autologous fat grafting to restore facial volume where it has thinned or hollowed with age
- Radiofrequency tightening to improve skin tone and quality
- Chemical peel to even skin tone and restore a bright, smooth complexion
What Benefits Can You Expect From a Non-Surgical Facelift?
The cheeks, jawline, and undereye regions are particularly susceptible to fatty tissue loss, which causes these features to lose volume and shift downward with age. A non-surgical facelift restores a younger look to your face, adding definition and volume where needed, removing unwanted pockets of excess fat, and improving your skin tone and complexion.
If you have an advanced degree of skin laxity or deeply etched creases and lines around your mouth, a non-surgical facelift can’t correct those. However, this procedure can subtly refresh and restore your appearance if you are in the earlier stages of facial aging.
What Happens After a Non-Surgical Facelift?
After your non-surgical facelift, you are free to go home and resume most, if not all, of your typical daily activities. We will provide you with detailed instructions for how to care for your skin and will be available if you have any concerns or questions.
Bruising and swelling are the most typical side effects Dr. Yash’s non-surgical facelift patients experience. You will need to take some time off for recovery if you choose to include liposuction and fat grafting in your non-surgical facelift treatment plan. The other procedures in a non-surgical facelift may leave you with some short-term discomfort, but usually do not require a healing period.
You can prolong your beautiful, natural-looking non-surgical facelift results with tactics like these:
- Maintain a consistent skin care routine that includes cleansing and moisturizing your face and neck when you get up in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Eat a balanced diet full of whole, unprocessed foods like fresh produce and lean proteins.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Do not smoke.
- Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of physical activity in each day.
- Keep your stress levels low by meditating and practicing controlled breathing exercises.
- Establish good sleep hygiene by getting seven to nine hours of restful sleep per night.
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen year-round to protect your skin from damaging UV rays.
Is a Non-Surgical Facelift Right for You?
If you’re starting to feel concerned about the gradual appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and your cheeks and jawline are less defined than they once were, a non-surgical facelift might be a good choice for you.
This procedure requires significantly less expense and commitment than a surgical facelift, with highly satisfying results. If you think you could be a good candidate for a surgical facelift, you may want to start with a non-surgical “test drive” to get a preview of the results you can expect.
Schedule Your Non-Surgical Facelift Consultation in Dallas, TX
Dr. Yash is a world-class plastic surgeon with an established and highly reputable clinic in Dallas. With his commitment to personally conducting all consultations and operations, his patients enjoy a relaxing, stress-free experience from an industry-leading, peer-reviewed, published doctor.
Facelifts and non-surgical facelifts are among his specialties, and Dr. Yash nurtures and guides his clients toward the best decisions for realizing their goals.
If you’re still wondering whether a non-surgical facelift is right for you, reach out to Dr. Yash Avashia in Dallas, TX, at (469) 249-9615 or via our convenient online form. Arrange a virtual consultation to discover how we can help you look and feel your best!