Injectables offer a nonsurgical option for smooth, soft, and youthfully vibrant skin. Yash J. Avashia, MD offers a comprehensive range of injectable options, allowing him to meet the varied needs of each patient. Call our Dallas office at 469-249-9615 to schedule a consultation today.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are used to address unwanted signs of aging along with other aesthetic issues. Problems that can be corrected with dermal fillers include:
- Fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Sunken or hollow cheeks
- Sunken space around the eyes and temples
- Chin creases
- Flat or asymmetrical lips
- Facial asymmetry
Dermal fillers offer a safe, fast, and reliable treatment option for men and women who are interested in cosmetic enhancement, but do not require more invasive surgical procedures. They can also be used to enhance the results of certain facial plastic surgery treatments.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Dr. Avashia offers several dermal filler options. These include:
- Restylane. This family of dermal fillers includes Lyft, Refyne, and Defyne, and uses hyaluronic acid as its active ingredient. Restylane is ideal for lip augmentation and general facial improvements. It can also be used on the back of the hands. Results from Restylane may last for up to 18 months
- Juvederm. This family of fillers includes Ultra, Ultra Plus, Voluma, Volbella, and Vollure. As hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, Juvederm products are designed to address fine lines and deep wrinkles, asymmetrical lips, and sunken or hollow cheeks. Results from Juvederm may last 12 to 18 months
- Sculptra. Stimulating collagen production with the active ingredient poly-L-lactic acid, Sculptra is ideal for deep lines and creases throughout the face. Results from Sculptra may last for up to 24 months
- Radiesse. A calcium hydroxyapatite filler, Radiesse treats deep folds in the lower and midface. It can also be used on the back of the hands. Results from Radiesse may last up to 24 months
How Soon Will I See Results?
Some fillers provide instantaneous results. Others, such as Sculptra and Radiesse, rely on collagen stimulation for lasting results and may take several weeks to create the smooth and youthful look you desire.
Dr. Avashia is committed to providing the best procedures for each patient. During your time in our care, he will listen to your concerns and provide honest information about which procedures will produce the results you desire.
Types of Neuromodulators
In addition to dermal fillers, Dr. Avashia offers the three most popular neuromodulators. These are:
- BOTOX Cosmetic®
These Injectables are designed to address crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead creases. They can also be used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles elsewhere on the face and may prove useful for jawline slimming and the elimination of neck bands.
Neuromodulators tend to produce immediate results and come with little to no downtime. Ideal for quick rejuvenation before major events, neuromodulators can safely be used with regularity. A single treatment will produce results for three to four months.
Neuromodulators vs. Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers use ingredients that add volume and stimulate the skin’s natural support structures. This produces gradual results that last for several months. Neuromodulators interrupt the signal between muscle and nerve, allowing overlying skin to smooth. This produces immediate results, but only lasts for a few months.
Neuromodulators and dermal fillers are formulated to address different problems. They can be used together, but they make a poor substitution for one another.
What to Expect During Injectable Treatment
Each treatment is designed to meet the needs of the patient, making every injectable service slightly different. However, general steps include:
- Cleaning the treatment area
- Applying topical anesthetic (when appropriate)
- Carefully injecting the filler or neuromodulator into precisely targeted areas of the skin
Injectable treatments can often be completed over the course of an hour and most people are able to resume normal activities right away. Dr. Avashia will provide you with aftercare instructions to help ensure the most rewarding experience.
Side Effects of Cosmetic Injections
Some slight bruising, swelling, redness, or irritation is possible after your cosmetic injection procedure. These things should subside on their own within a few days. Other possible side effects include:
- Asymmetrical results
- Headache or flu-like symptoms
- Excessive tearing
Risks with cosmetic injections are rare, made more so when you choose an experienced and committed injector. Dr. Avashia will thoroughly cover all potential risks prior to your treatment to make sure you are selecting the best option for your needs.