Body procedures remain a popular option for women and men alike. These procedures are tailored to meet a wide range of goals. Also known as body contouring, this type of surgery can be especially beneficial for mothers seeking to restore certain areas of their bodies following pregnancy. Dr. Yash Avashia wants to help you look and feel your absolute best. To find out if you are a good candidate for a body contouring procedure in Dallas, please call 469-249-9615.
Body Procedures by Dr. Yash Avashia
The most popular types of body surgery include:
- Abdominoplasty: Also known as tummy tuck, the abdominoplasty procedure removes excess fat from the abdomen. It is especially beneficial for women who have been pregnant in the past and are now experiencing a puffy abdomen and stretched abdominal muscles (a condition known as diastasis recti).
- Liposuction: This procedure removes stubborn deposits of fat from various areas of the body. This fat is often resistant to diet and exercise, and liposuction may be the only way to reduce it.
- Mommy Makeover: This term refers to a comprehensive surgical approach to rejuvenating your body post-baby. It can include any combination of suitable procedures that you choose, such as surgeries targeted at the breasts, abdomen and thighs.
During a consultation, you and Dr. Avashia will discuss your options. First, he wants to listen to you so that he can understand what you are thinking and what you want to achieve. Then, after examining the area you want to modify, he can determine if a body contouring procedure, or some combination of procedures, is appropriate.
Dr. Avashia wants to earn your trust so that you feel good about whatever decision you make. Especially for first-time cosmetic surgery patients, the consultation and the whole process can feel like very unfamiliar territory. That is why Dr. Avashia wants to take as much time as is needed to provide you with clear, honest and straightforward information about your options. He’s happy to help you make decisions about body contouring and whether it’s right for you, but ultimately that is your choice. No one should be making that final personal decision except you.
Benefits of Body Contouring
Generally speaking, some of the benefits of these surgeries include that they:
- Reduce fat
- Remove excess skin
- Define the contours of your body
- Put the finishing touch on your fitness and weight-loss results
- Sculpt the abs, hips, thighs, back or other areas of your physique
- Provide you with the physical characteristics to match your inner confidence and body image
That being said, the benefits of any procedure are highly personal. The way it affects you mentally, emotionally and otherwise, and the way the results enhance your body, are as unique as you are. Dr. Avashia is here to help you identify the potential benefits and whether a given procedure matches the goal.
Common Body Contouring Questions
How long will the results last? The longevity of the results depends on the specific procedure. Tummy tuck, liposuction and mommy makeover procedures are all long-lasting. One of the main advantages of cosmetic surgical procedures is how long they last. You can maintain the results by sustaining as healthy, active lifestyle and stable body weight.
How much will it cost? The cost depends on the specific procedure. Once you’ve met with Dr. Avashia, the front office team will make sure you know the cost estimate for the planned procedures. We will also discuss your payment and financing options. Most cosmetic procedures are not covered by health insurance, but certain medically necessary procedures are covered by some policies.
How long will the recovery be? Depending on the specific body contouring procedure, you may need to take 1-3 weeks off from work. Intensive exercise will need to be delayed for several weeks. These timelines vary based on the nature of your career and your exact workout habits. Our team makes sure you have clear and thorough aftercare instructions.
If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to call our office. We are happy to answer your questions over the phone and arrange a visit for you with Dr. Avashia if you have more in-depth questions specific to your candidacy.
Schedule Your Visit with Us
If you live in Dallas or the surrounding areas, please call the practice of experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Yash Avashia at 469-249-9615. Dr. Avashia completed his residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Duke University Hospital and completed his Fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery at Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute.